If you need a new bathroom, it can be a real challenge to know where to start. This is why the best bathroom designers often use mood boards. These can give you a solid starting point, allowing your preferences to grow into full ideas. As one of Brighton’s well-known bathroom showrooms, we employ an inspiration point for this very purpose.
Whether you opt for a sleek and modernised feel or choose vintage chic, you can speak with us for the advice you need. In this blog post, we provide a few ideas to consider when looking around bathroom showrooms in the Brighton area.
Vintage Bathroom Ideas
Never underestimate the impact of vintage basins and faucets. These are often the first elements that a bathroom visitor will see (and the first fixtures that your bathroom designers may recommend), so choosing antique or Victorian taps will make a world of difference. You can also increase that vintage look by putting up floral wallpaper, at least on a single wall for old-school flair.
You might prefer to combine what you find in Brighton’s bathroom showrooms with some low-key ideas of your own. Our bathroom designers appreciate the need for a personal touch and will consider their placement when the time comes.
- Consider adding a tin of wrapped soaps, ready for use
- Include a bevelled mirror or some framed pin-up posters
- Choose colours like lilac, rose pink or yellow
- Add some vertical stripes to an otherwise white space
- Look at floral towels and the blinds to match
- Freestanding, roll-top baths for unrivalled style
Contemporary Bathroom Ideas
Before updating your bathroom in the Brighton area, some bathroom designers may advise you to keep it simple. While small patterns lend a vintage style, simple designs and light colours lend a more contemporary look. Open or recessed shelves serve as attractive storage options while floating vanities extend the floor slightly to give the illusion of extra space.
Bathroom showrooms will typically show off these modern spaces by using one or two colours, such as concrete grey and white – with LED lighting for ambience. Kavanagh Designs can help duplicate this effect for your very own home.
Contemporary bathrooms are often easier to clean than vintage ones due to the lack of clutter. If you live in the Brighton area and would like some creative help, out expert bathroom designers will be thrilled to make your dreams a reality.
- Create an open-plan feel by installing a walk-in shower
- Blend the floor and walls with porcelain tiling options
- Consider wall-mounted faucets or a waterfall basin mixer
- Reduce the clutter with built-in storage for toiletries
- Include an illuminated mirror for style and convenience
- Add a feature wall for an attractive focal point
Feel free to take the best of what you see in bathroom showrooms and combine them to your heart’s content. Our bathroom designers love those who dare to be different, and help homeowners all over Brighton to add a touch of elegance through lighting, colour, shape and texture.
Please call Kavanagh Designs to learn about our process, today’s on-trend styles and to receive the inspirational aid you need.